Reasons Why Jesus Came to Earth
At Christmas it’s easy to be engulfed by the festivities and ignore the deep and rich truth the day commemorates. Here are just a few reasons why Jesus came to earth that first Christmas day.
1. To do the will of His Father in heaven (Heb 10:7)
2. To save sinners (1 Tim 1:15)
3. To give his life a ransom for many (Mark 10:45)
4. To bring light to a dark world (John 12:46)
5. To bear witness to the truth (John 18:37)
6. To destroy the devil and his works (Heb 2:14, 1 Jn 3:8)
7. To give eternal life (John 3:16, 6:51)
8. To bring great joy (Luke 2:10)
9. To preach the good news (Luke 4:18-19)
10. To bring judgment (John 3:36, 9:39-41)
This is not an exhaustive list by any means, but it does give you a sense of how momentous that first Christmas was. Jesus came so that all who believe in him might not perish but have eternal life. So, do you believe in him?