- Pastor Greg
Reasons Why Jesus Came to Earth
At Christmas it’s easy to be engulfed by the festivities and ignore the deep and rich truth the day commemorates. Here are just a few reasons why Jesus came to earth that first Christmas day.
1. To do the will of His Father in heaven (Heb 10:7)
2. To save sinners (1 Tim 1:15)
3. To give his life a ransom for many (Mark 10:45)
4. To bring light to a dark world (John 12:46)
5. To bear witness to the truth (John 18:37)
6. To destroy the devil and his works (Heb 2:14, 1 Jn 3:8)
7. To give eternal life (John 3:16, 6:51)
8. To bring great joy (Luke 2:10)
9. To preach the good news (Luke 4:18-19)
10. To bring judgment (John 3:36, 9:39-41)
This is not an exhaustive list by any means, but it does give you a sense of how momentous that first Christmas was. Jesus came so that all who believe in him might not perish but have eternal life. So, do you believe in him?